(Effective Date: April 2019)
Automatic Telephone Dialing System. By registering on our Sites, you agree to be contacted by a Senior Living Advisor and senior housing and care providers that have contracted with us to be part of our referral information service program in relation to the services that we provide you (together, the “Participating Communities“) to explore options relating to our services. You agree to be contacted by call or text message at the telephone number provided using automatic telephone dialing systems and other technology, even if you previously registered on a Do Not Call registry.
COLLECTION & USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Collected Directly from You. In general, you can visit our Sites without disclosing any personal information. Any information you provide to us is voluntary, but please note that some information may be necessary for us to provide you with certain information and referral services, offers and content on our Sites. We may ask you to provide personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and zip code, and other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) in order to provide you with information and referral services in connection with our Sites. We may also ask you to provide Personal Information about another person for whom you may be seeking senior housing and/or care services, and to affirm that you have permission to provide Personal Information for that person. APFM does not collect biometrics or sensitive information relating to health, race, gender, or other special category data unless that information is necessary to provide the service requested by the individual providing the information. We may periodically supplement the Personal Information we collect from you by obtaining personal or nonpersonal information about you or another person from other businesses, business partners, contractors, and other third parties, including PHI.
We use this Personal Information to provide you with the services you have requested from us and to provide services to Participating Communities. In addition, we use Personal Information to send you periodic email and newsletter communications about products and services offered by us or third parties, to operate and improve our Sites and services, to respond to customer inquiries, and to send you surveys and other communications.
We use information collected from your use of our Sites for our own internal business purposes including improving the performance, functionality, and content of the Sites and performing statistical, design, or operational tasks, such as estimating our audience size, measuring aggregate traffic patterns, and understanding demographic trends among our users.
Web Beacons. Some pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only disclose, sell, or share your name, email address, or other information:
- To Participating Communities. We may disclose, sell, or share Personal Information to one or more Participating Communities in order to provide you with the services you’ve requested. The Participating Communities may contact you directly by email, telephone, regular mail, in-person visits, or other means. We do not control how these Participating Communities use or disclose your Personal Information. We also may ask Participating Communities to disclose your PHI to us. We use this PHI to provide you with the information and referral services you have requested from us and to provide services to Participating Communities pursuant to our agreements with them.
- To Other Third Party Providers. We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information to one or more third parties with which we have contracted to provide services to us or to offer the services you have requested from us. We may also disclose Personal Information to one or more third parties who are interested in providing services or products to you. We do not control how these third parties use or disclose your Personal Information.
- For Our Internal Analyses and Operations. We may disclose Personal Information to third party vendors for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as estimating our audience size, measuring aggregate traffic patterns, and understanding demographic trends among our users. The use and disclosure of your Personal Information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks and is subject to confidentiality.
- As Part of Business Transfers. We may disclose Personal Information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or other business transaction.
- As Aggregated Information. We may share or sell aggregated, anonymous information to our advertisers, business partners, and other third parties that includes or is based on information about you. We take technical and organizational measures to anonymize your information and to combine it with other users’ information, so that it does not directly identify you. This information may be used by those third parties for marketing, promotional, or statistical purposes. We do not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Site. We may provide links to third party websites from our Sites as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control nor are we responsible for the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.
APFM takes precautions to protect your information. We use reasonable security measures, including encryption and scrambling, to store and maintain Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction by any unauthorized party while it is under our control. Access to the Personal 4 Information we collect is restricted to employees who are trained in the proper handling of Personal Information. Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure. All Internet users should take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to help protect yourself against identity theft.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
APFM services and Sites are designed for adults, not children. As such, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and these Sites are not designed such information. If you are under 16 years old, do not register for our services, provide any information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use) or otherwise provide information on our Sites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at 888-552-1632 or email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option, and you may request that your personally identifiable information not be shared with third parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address, and postal address to: A Place for Mom, Inc., Attn: General Counsel, 701 5th Ave, Suite 3200, Seattle, WA 98104. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814, by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800- 952-5210, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, our Sites take no action in response to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. Although we use Google Analytics and other third party tracking tools for 5 our Sites, we are not aware if third parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities when a consumer uses our Sites. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
OPT-OUT OF APFM COMMUNICATIONS
We may periodically send you newsletters and other communications that promote the use of our services. When you receive a newsletter from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further newsletters by following the opt-out instructions included in the newsletter. Additionally, you can opt out of data collection for targeted advertising for aplaceformom.com during your visits to other websites by emailing email@example.com.
If you wish to opt out of communications with Participating Communities, you must contact them directly as we do not control communications from Participating Communities.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to submit a complaint or to object to the collection and use of your information by APFM at any time or to require APFM to review, transmit, change, or delete your information that we have collected and retained. APFM will fulfill your request to exercise any of these rights within 30 days of receiving a complete request, with the exception of information that is needed to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide the information and referral services you have requested from us, or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you and Participating Communities. You can exercise these rights by contacting APFM at:
Toll free: 888-552-1632
A Place for Mom, Inc.
701 5th Ave, Suite 3200
Seattle, WA 98104
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS