Boston, MA 2131
About Hebrew Rehabilitation Center
Hebrew Rehabilitation Center is the long-term chronic care and rehabilitative hospital of Hebrew SeniorLife, a Harvard Medical School-affiliate and national leader in geriatric research and senior care for all. Non-profit and nonsectarian, Hebrew Rehabilitation Center has been offering a wide scope of clinical services and related programs to seniors in the greater Boston area since 1903.
Our approach to care is built around the concept of patient-and family-centered care. You and your family are involved in all major care decisions. We encourage you and your family to play an active role in helping us make sure that you receive care that is aligned with your values, goals, and preferences.
With locations at our flagship campus in Boston and our NewBridge on the Charles campus in Dedham we provide seniors throughout greater Boston access to high-quality medical care in a therapeutic and healing environment.
Long-term Chronic Care:
Hebrew SeniorLife provides comprehensive and individualized clinical and social care delivered in a home-like environment, including memory care for people with advanced Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Our long-term patients receive comprehensive and coordinated care from our in-house staff of primary care physicians specializing in geriatric care, a team of nurses, certified nursing assistants, social worker, and recreational therapist.
List of Services:
- Memory Care(in Boston for seniors with advanced cognitive decline)
- Rehabilitative Therapies
- Restorative Exercise Programs
- Expressive Therapies
- Palliative Care
- Life Enhancement
- Spiritual Care
Russian Language Program(in Boston)
- Primary care teams, with physicians, nurses and social workers who speak fluent Russian and English.
- Other staff members, including certified nursing assistants, therapists and unit secretaries, who are fluent in Russian and English.
- Culturally appropriate activities and programs that are an integral part of day-to-day life.
- A comfortable atmosphere, including Russian folk art and a library with both Russian and English books and videos, that was designed with Russian-speaking elders in mind.
- Four free Russian television stations: Channel 1 Russia, Dom Kino, Musika Pervogo, Retro Channel
- Russian and English signage.
Post-Acute Rehabilitative Care & Services
We offer post-acute rehabilitative care to Boston area patients who need services following an illness or surgery. Our Rehabilitative Services Units (RSU) are located on the Hebrew Rehabilitation Center (HRC) campuses in Boston and Dedham. Our Medically Acute Care Program is available at HRC in Boston.
The services at both locations offer rehabilitation that returns patients to independence as quickly as possible. Patients can take comfort in knowing that many acute-care hospitals, including Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and New England Baptist Hospital, refer their senior patients to us for post-acute care.
Our Harvard Medical School-affiliated doctors, committed nurses, and experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists have deep experience caring for older patients. Our unique, person-centered approach ensures patients and their families take an active role in their therapy and recovery.
Ratings & Accreditations (Post-acute Rehabilitative Care & Services)
CARF 3 Year Accreditation 2017-2019
2017 Five-Star Top Performer Rated by CMS
Department of Health (DPH) Annual Survey Deficiency Free
Amenities & Features
- Beautiful gardens and outdoor areas to meet with friends and relatives.
- Kosher menu (in Boston)
- Intergenerational Programming
- Shared campus with the Rashi School K-8 (Dedham Campus)
Long-term Chronic Care Beds 405
Medical Acute Care Unit Beds 50
Rehabilitative Services Unit Beds 50
Amenities & Features
StaffingLanguages spoken: English, Russian
LocationNumber of private rooms: 0
Number of rooms with private bath: 0
Number of rooms with shared bath: 0
Number of shared rooms: 0
Short-long term sections combined: 0
Medicare: By The Numbers
|Facility Related Incidents||0|
|Number of Fines||0|
|Total Fine Amount||$0|
|Total Number of Penalties||0|
|City||Distance||Number of Facilities|
|W Roxbury||1 miles||1|
|Chestnut Hill||3 miles||2|
|Hyde Park||3 miles||2|